Wednesday 3 March 2010

Aspen and noise afternoon

Hi all,

I enjoyed the gathering again last night. I thought the 'presenting things' section was going to be really difficult but it was a lot of fun and led to good discussions. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable about contributing or presenting work to the group, there seems to be a very open and interested atmosphere developing that's a pleasure to be a part of.

On the publication side of things i wanted to flag this up, "Aspen", digitised on Ubu Web. I was trying to remember what it was called last night. I'm interested in it as a model because it features sound recordings and film as well as print, covers many kinds of work and comes in a box.

http://www.ubu.com/aspen/aspen.html

That said, I think the idea of each bringing an A4 sheet of 'something' next week will be a good start, i agree with Martha that sometimes you just need deadlines!

At the end, there was talk of having a 'sound session' next tuesday afternoon (the 9th) in the afternoon from 1ish. Anyone's welcome, i think the intention is to have a bit of a play, make some recordings, generally listen to sound in the space and try things out. I'm planning to bring some microphones, electronics and recording devices along. Anyone interested?

Stu

7 comments:

  1. Cheers Stu,

    After we spoke about the noise sesh I realised that I have to work on Tuesday. I'll try and get off pretty early though so I'll definitely join you for as long as I can. You guys should defo start early though - I think it could be great.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs Dave, see you when we see you.

    Anyone else interested?

    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to but I'm working in the afternoon. I think even if it's just you and Phill it'll be interesting to see the outcomes or at least have documents of the workshop in the space afterwards (handouts, diagrams on sheets of A1, photographs, sound etc).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stu, count me in. I'll be there from 1pm. I'm working on a short film sketch (between now and Tuesday!) to bring along, in the spirit of what Aspen did, so we can play together. xm

    ReplyDelete
  5. The useful deadline of Tuesday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be there from soon after 1 - assuming that's ok with the Black Dogs keymasters - planning to pick up a bass speaker from Lumen on the way.
    No problem if people turn up throughout the afternoon, i guess we'll have till just before the meeting starts at 6?
    Stu

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.